- = Para (Abnormal) + esthesis (feeling)
- Symptoms of abnormal sensations in the body usually in feet, hands, legs and arms.
- Described in different words including
- Pins and needles
- Fell asleep
(let’s see the video)
Causes related to rehabilitation field Including but not limited to
- Entrapment neuropathies: Carpal tunnel syndrome is the most common
- Polyneuropathies: Diabetes mellitus, Thyroid disease, Renal failure, some drugs (Chemotherapy, immunosuppressant), Lead poisoning (Opium addiction in our country)
- Multiple sclerosis
Do I need tests?
Based on situations and differential diagnoses, tests such as electrodiagnostic tests (EMG – NCS – VEP, SSEP, ABR), blood tests and MRI may be advised.